Friday 17 September 2010

A Day in the Life

Well, now that I have a set of wheels and a motor, I suppose I won't be making the half hour meander into work every morning anymore...

No longer will I traipse sweatily up the last major hill, nor inappropriately hitch my skirt up to better manage the incline, nor admire the beauty of the perfect rose bush, nor mourn the sudden death of the perfect rose bush, nor scurry through the Dodgy Bit as quickly as my skirt will allow, nor walk awkwardly close to the person in front for a bit too long as they're not going quite quickly enough to fall behind nor slowly enough to overtake. Nor will I pass across the widest road in history that makes me feel like I'm stepping out unarmed into shark infested waters, or feel like my shoulder's going to break under the strain of my bag straps, or turn up to school with my hair in massive windblown disarray and feet everso slightly blistered.


In all, I shall miss that daily walk.


Well, let's look on the bright side. At least now I'll be fat, impoverished, overladen and lacking in vitamin D. But my hair will be straight when I get there.

And most importantly, my feet will be dry when it rains.

Hurray for having a car!

No comments:

Post a Comment