Thursday 13 January 2011

Dear Miss Brooks...

Today my year 12s thoroughly cheered me up.
(not that I actually needed cheering - I've been uncharacteristically upbeat of late)


I gave them a pre-structured postcard to send me. It went something like this:


I was a bit nervous about giving it to them - after all, nobody wants to hear when they've been "less helpful", especially when your job is primarily based on a desire to help people learn. I did, however, really want to hear what they next wanted me to do for them.

They surprised me by being pretty honest, but also amazingly positive. In fact, look at this...




They all decided to design postcard pictures on the back for me too, just coz they thought that'd make it a 'proper' postcard. Look!

I have my own boat!


Anyway, it was really exciting, and bouyed me up for the rest of the day. Plus, it's given me all sorts of insight into how they think they're doing, and what they want help with next. Hurrah!

Oh, and then I had 26 year 7s turn up to choir! We ran out of space! Woo hoo, well done enthusiastic children :-)



So all in all - a good day.





"Painters do their art on a canvas,
Musicians do their art on silence"

- a quote from a year 12, written on the back of one of the postcards

3 comments:

  1. OK I'm going to be honest here.

    1. I am unbelievably jealous right now.

    2. I REALLY want to read the rest of those postcards (not to mention the illustrations!)

    You are a brilliant teacher xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your brilliantness makes me cry. I'm so glad your pupils are recognising that you are a one in a million teacher. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete