Wednesday 5 January 2011

Feeling chipper

So at the start of this school week, (so, er, yesterday...) I was overwhelmed by a massive amount of anxiety, and I couldn't quite place why.

Then I realised it's because I'd been emotionally transported back to this time last year, which was when I started working at the Toxic School. One of the most traumatic days of my life. (Possibly).

Little did I know that 2 of the 4 classes I had that day were widely acknowledged as 2 of the most difficult classes in the whole school. And this was followed by 2 year 7 classes, both of which were pretty nice, but one of which consisted of the most hyperactive and talkative children I have ever had the ... pleasure... privilege... whatever... of teaching.

Anyway, a bad day.


So in my head, I was going back to school after Christmas, and I actually have quite a few new classes, because of the strange timetable rotation that happens at my current school.

I was bracing myself for horrendous Toxic children, feeling the butterflies consume my insides and my back ache from tension...

Then they were lovely! Praise the Lord! Hallelujah for nice children!

I have spent the last two days singing lots, having a giggle, and enjoying being back at school. Definitely have NOT got back into the routine of planning efficiently, and despite being exhausted, I have consistently left planning til far too late, and consequently haven't been in bed til far too late o'clock. Similarly tonight I still have two lessons to sort out, and instead I'm sitting here in my pyjamas, on my laptop, listening to Amy McDonald and busy reminiscing.


Also, I have made proper meals the last 3 nights. Well done, me. (nearly resorted to a Dairy Milk Dinner again tonight, but I made myself make the effort to make something proper. Chicken casserole it was. Hurray!)


Right, I'm going to go and sort out what needs to be done for tomorrow and then go to bed. Speedy planning, bed by 10pm.

Yes please!


"The Lord says, "I will give you back what you lost". "
Joel 2:25

No comments:

Post a Comment