Friday 1 April 2011

Starting a Revolution

Take a handful of musicians, one amazing artist and a selection of keen-o teachers with a vision... throw them together, one mild evening in March. Blend gently. Add a spattering of roses for aesthetic effect, and sit back and enjoy.

What an evening!


Art Unplugged saw singers who had never sung in public before, composers whose work had never been heard before and art and crafts people who had never before been acknowledged.

It also saw about 60 members of the audience, many proud (and tearful) parents, and over £320 in funds raised for the world challenge expedition to Tanzania.


My favourite moment of the evening was when the third act began - one year 12 boy (the one with the quote on this post) - and his grandmother leaned over to whisper to my friend, "That's my grandson, that is".


'wreathed with smiles' is the poetic term that sums up the evening, I believe.



I LOVED IT.




What I also love is the fact that my year 9 form are already planning on auditioning for it next year, senior leadership are pushing for a lower school lunchtime version next Thursday, and other members of staff are asking for a summer edition.


Good work, team.


I. Loved. It.








Yeah man.


(Oh, also, I think my form are planning to change the world, starting with uniform. They are formulating petitions to change the uniform, and constructing cake stalls to raise money to fix a well in Africa, and regenerating the way communication occurs between staff members. They are on a roll! Good work, 9RE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment