Thursday 5 May 2011

Buckling

Sigh...

Today I am mostly feeling responsible for:

- Year 12s essentially failing their mock
- Year 11s not having enough time for revision between now and their exam
- Year 10s wanting to drop out of music
- Year 9s not opting for music as a GCSE


Also, I feel like teaching should be issued with a warning about the amount of emotional weight that comes with the job.

Not only our own issues, but all the stresses and worries of each of our students, resulting in the sense that we are basically sitting about a hundred GCSE exams and fifty-odd A levels. (I'm not sure where I got those figures from... some deeply reliable formula, probably.)

Then there are the personal issues the students are laden with every single day.

Consequently, I am from a hundred broken families, suffering the heartache of too many bereavements, and buckling under the pressures of a thousand 'not good enough', 'not academic enough' and 'not cool enough's.


It's exhausting.


Anyway, I've just had a Bailey's hot chocolate, and a glance over tomorrow's lessons. They're not great, but they'll have to do. I need to go to bed.


Oui.




22:26
Also, I just came across this quote from Adele:

"I love seeing Lady Gaga's boobs and bum. I love seeing Katy Perry's boobs and bum. Love it. But that's not what my music is about. I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears."
- Adele (Rolling Stone interview)



Thought I'd share.

(Thanks, Adele.)

No comments:

Post a Comment